At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee you will pioneer transforming the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
We are A-players who bring our unique talent and POV to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, everything we do, we do for the learner.
As a member of the distribution team, the primary objective for this position is to safely and accurately navigate powered industrial trucks (PIT) to aid in picking and returning inventory to and from shelving racks at heights of up to 40 ft. Position Description: The equipment driver is responsible for safely transporting inventory from one point to another utilizing the necessary powered industrial truck(s). This position requires physical fitness to continuously reach for product followed by lifting, pushing, pulling and stacking product on pallets at heights of up to 40 feet.
· Utilize appropriate PIT to unload trailers on receiving dock in a safe manner.
· Utilize radio frequency (RF) equipment to fill full-case orders.
· Memorize and utilize phonetic alphabet to accurately use voice directed picking system.
· Utilize sight recognition and matching of numeric and alpha listings to ensure accurate inventory and order placement.
· Replenish full-cases to picking shelves.
· Conduct product moves as directed.
· Accurately follow all pallet-layer configurations.
· Ensure pallets are safely/properly stacked to full capacity.
· Use fall protection/safety harnesses in compliance with company and OSHA regulations.
· Perform consistent counting of product and pallets utilizing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
· Must be able to safely work at height of up to 40 feet, continuously lift (including overhead), push, pull, reach and stack full cases (up to 50 lbs) for an 8-10 hour shift while maintaining productivity levels at or above standard.
· Stand and walk for 8-10 hours.
· Adhere to all safety practices and policies.
· Other duties as requested.
Types of Powered Industrial Trucks used:
· Turret stock picker – must be able to conduct work at heights of up to 40 feet.
· Cherry picker/order picker - must be able to conduct work at heights of up to 40 feet.
· Runner – Ground level work
· Reach truck – Ground level work
· RC truck – Ground level work
· Pallet jack – Ground level work
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· At least 18 years of age.
· Ability to consistently push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs continuously during an 8-10 hour shift.
· Stand and walk for 8-10 hours.
· Maintain appropriate PIT certifications.
· Proven basic math skills.
· Skilled in site recognition/matching of numeric and alpha groupings.
· Adequate computer experience or prior RF unit experience.
· Adherence to all safety practices and policies.
. Drug Screen Required upon offer.
· Prior PIT experience.
· Prior RF experience.
· Prior distribution experience.