At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee you will pioneer transforming the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
We are A-players who bring our unique talent and POV to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, everything we do, we do for the learner.
As a member of the distribution team, the primary objective for this position is to safely and accurately move product into physical inventory. Position Description: The purge put away position is responsible for putting product back into CLDC inventory and is responsible for safely performing all duties associated with the systematic and manual picking and packing of customer orders. This position is also responsible for creating bundled products as specified in customer orders and conducts all restickering and special handling of product orders.
· Purge overstock from the Val-Add area by creating full cases from individual units. Once cases are full, utilize RF scanning units to scan inventory and take direction from the voice-directed system “Jennifer” to return product to the correct picking slot.
· Put away returns from the returns processors by utilizing RF scanning units to scan returned inventory and take direction from the voice-directed system “Jennifer” to return product to the correct picking slot.
· Ensure that cartons are packed correctly and securely.
· Utilize sight recognition and matching of numeric and alpha listings to ensure product is put away in the appropriate location.
· Continuously reach, lift (including overhead), push and pull up to 10 lbs to return individual units to appropriate locations.
· Safely lift, push, pull and relocate packages up to 50 lbs as required.
· Maintain productivity standard (80 transactions/hour).
· Efficiently process customer orders using shrink-wrap and machinery to create bundles and kits.
· Determine correct box size to be used to pack orders.
· Adhere to all safety practices and policies.
· Must be able to safely and consistently lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to stand/walk for 8-10 hours.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· At least 18 years of age.
· Ability to consistently push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs throughout an 8-10 hour shift.
· Skilled in site recognition/matching of numeric and alpha groupings.
· Ability to comprehend simple instructions
· Ability to write legibly
· Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide if necessary
· Must be flexible with work hours
· Basic computer skills
· Stand and walk for 8-10 hours.
· Adherence to all safety practices and policies.
· Prior RF experience.
· Prior distribution experience.
· Runner – Ground level work
· Reach truck – Ground level work